Below are resources in Alabama for our community, part of this site’s American resources by state. See also major US-based trans websites and national advocacy groups.
If you are unable to find care in Alabama, you have other options including telehealth services for ordering hormones online.
Children’s of Alabama (childrensal.org)
- EMLALA Clinic takes care of kids with gender questions related to gender identity and gender dysphoria as well as children with ambiguity in their genital organs.
- Due to changes in state laws, you will need to make an appointment in order to learn more about their services.
West Alabama Women’s Center (alabortionclinic.com)
- Dr. Leah Torres
- Offers health services for gender diverse youth
Equality Alabama (equalityal.org)
Campaign for Southern Equality (southernequality.org)
- Excellent Trans in the South resource guide
Association of Lesbian, Gay Bisexual & Transgender Issues in Counseling of Alabama – ALGBTICAL (algbtical.org)
Magic City Wellness Center (magiccitywellnesscenter.org)
- Birmingham area support and resources
- Facebook: MagicCityAcceptanceCenter
Rainbow Mobile (rainbowmobile.org)
- Lists transgender resources
Transgender surgery options in Alabama
World Professional Association of Transgender Health (wpath.org)
- Member search: Alabama
Planned Parenthood (plannedparenthood.org)
University of Alabama at Birmington (uab.edu)
- John Patrick Selph, MD – Surgeon
IntellectualSoul Clinical Counseling (intellectualsoul.com)
- Stephan Idris Mambazo
National Center for Transgender Equality (transequality.org)
- ID Documents Center | Alabama
Human Rights Campaign (hrc.org)
Williams Institute (williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu)