Gender inclusive schools and classrooms help all students. Below are resources specifically for educators on how to make your schools and classrooms more inclusive.
I was a producer of the 2017 National Geographic documentary Gender Revolution: A Journey with Katie Couric. It’s a good overview for students and teachers. Here is a teaching guide for their issue and special on gender.
Please contact me if you have any questions, and thank you for your interest in your students!
Gender Spectrum (genderspectrum.org)
Gender-Inclusive Biology (genderinclusivebiology.com)
- Lessons, guides, and other teaching resources
Welcoming Schools (welcomingschools.org)
- Schools In Transition: A Guide for Supporting Transgender Students in K-12 Schools (PDF)
- Supporting & Caring for Transgender Children
Trans Youth Equality Federation (transyouthequality.org)
The American Psychological Association of Graduate Students – APAGS (apa.org/apags)
- Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity – APAGS-CSOGD
- A Guide for Supporting Trans and Gender Diverse Students (PDF)
Lambda Legal (lambdalegal.org)
SHAPE America (shapeamerica.org)
- Society of Health and Physical Educators
- Transgender Inclusion
Trans Student Educational Resource (transstudent.org)
Stop Bullying (stopbullying.gov)