Welcome! This is for people who know their gender identity. If you are not sure, please see my page for questioning people.
A gender transition is just like a trip. You choose:
- where you want to go
- how much time you will take
- how much money you will spend
This map will help you choose your route. I want you to buy what is right for you. I also want to help you set goals you can make.
Going full-time is your main goal
Living full-time means you have made your gender transition all day, every day. You may want to go full-time quickly, but you have to think about what others will do. If you make good plans for living full-time, you will have a smooth transition. You need to be ready with your mind, your body, and your money.
Most transitions take two or three years from start to finish. Young people often go full-time sooner, but they take longer to do all the things they want to do. Adults often take more time before they go full-time, then the get the rest done more quickly.
I feel that you should think of transition in several steps:
- Finding information and support
- Creating a timeline and money plan for any goals
- Coming out to supportive friends and loved ones
- Finishing anything you want done before living full-time
- Coming out at work or school
- Going full-time
- Doing any other social, legal, or medical goals
- Enjoying your new life
These are just my thoughts. Your own map is up to you. People have been happy after almost every kind of map. There is no one right way to transition!