Suicide is the second leading cause of death for young people ages 10 to 24. Young people in our community also have high rates of self-harm.
If you are in crisis, please go here.
Some things can feel impossible to deal with:
- Family conflict
- Sexual identity
- Gender identity
- Loss of important people
But with support from others, you can find a way to deal with your problems.
Ask for help
- Don’t be afraid to let your friends, family, or teachers know what you need when they ask; they want to help.
Make a safety plan
- A safety plan can help guide you through difficult moments and keep you safe. Learn how to make your own.
Look at your relationships
- Love and friendship are all about respect.
- Toxic or unhealthy relationships can negatively affect you.
- Whether you’re dating or building new friendships, remember your rights.
- If you’re being bullied, help is also available.
It Gets Better (itgetsbetter.org)