Transgender New Hampshire [archive]
Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (chadkids.org)
- Pediatric endocrinology services for trans+ adolescents.
Planned Parenthood (plannedparenthood.org)
World Professional Association of Transgender Health (wpath.org)
- Member search: New Hampshire
Freedom New Hampshire (freedomnewhampshire.org)
- Coalition working to pass legislation to protect transgender Granite Staters
New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights (nh.gov/hrc)
- State agency that enforces anti-discrimination laws
National Center for Transgender Equality (transequality.org)
- ID Documents Center | New Hampshire
Human Rights Campaign (hrc.org)
Williams Institute (williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu)
New Hampshire law
Instructions for completing
Petition for Change of Name
Form use. This form is used to ask the court to change the name of a person.
Top part of form
* On the line before COUNTY, enter the name of the county where the document will be filed.
* IN RE
* : Enter the name of the case (example: Estate of John Adams; Guardianship of Susan Jones). DOCKET NUMBER
* : Leave blank if not yet assigned by court OR fill in docket number (also known as case number) if it is known. Under the title “Petition for Change of Name”, put an X next to ADULT, if the name change is for a person 18 years of age or older; put an X next to MINOR if the change is for a child.
Numbered part of form
1. Petitioner Name is the name of person filing the motion. Fill in that person’s name, telephone number and complete mailing address with zip code.
2. If petition is for change of name for minor, fill in the minor’s name, telephone number and complete mailing address with zip code. Also, in the space provided, enter the petitioner’s relationship to the minor.
3. If you have an attorney helping you with this case, enter that attorney’s name, telephone number and complete mailing address with zip code.
4. Fill in the name of the town as it applies to the person whose name is being changed.
5. Fill in the date of birth and place of birth as it applies to the person whose name is being changed.
6. If a minor’s name is being changed, fill in the minor’s mother’s name and complete mailing address with zip code.
7. If a minor’s name is being changed, fill in the minor’s father’s name and complete mailing address with zip code.
8. Check only the paragraph that applies to the person whose name is being changed.
Paragraph prior to signature
On the first blank line, enter the person’s current name that will be changed. On the second line, enter the new name. In the space provided, give the reason for the change of name.
Sign the form on the PETITIONER SIGNATURE line, and date it in the appropriate space to the left.
This section will be completed by the judge once the document is filed with the court and reviewed in detail by the judge at the scheduled hearing.