Facial masculinization surgery (FMS), describes surgical options some transgender men and transmasculine people undergo as part of a gender transition. Options include:
- Tracheal augmentation (Adam’s apple implant)
- Forehead lengthening and augmentation
- Cheek augmentation
- Masculinizing rhinoplasty
- Chin recontouring and augmentation
- Jaw recontouring and augmentation
- Lip reduction
The procedures are also sought out by other sex and gender minorities.
Cisgender (non-transgender) men may also wish to make their faces more masculine. I recommend that men consider a surgeon who performs transgender facial surgeries because of their specialized expertise.
Deschamps-Braly Clinic (deschamps-braly.com)
- Facial Masculinization Surgery (FMS)
American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery.org)