Skip to content

Delaware transgender resources

Below are resources in Delaware for our community, part of this site’s American resources by state. See also major US-based trans websites and national advocacy groups.


Delaware Transgender Resources (

Delaware Pride (

Equality Delaware (

Transitions Delaware (

Rehoboth TransLiance (

CAMP Rehoboth (

Lower Eastern Shore LGBTQ Coalition, Inc. (


World Professional Association of Transgender Health (

Planned Parenthood (


Nemours Children’s Health System (

PFLAG Wilmington (

PFLAG Rehoboth Beach (


National Center for Transgender Equality (

Human Rights Campaign (

Williams Institute (

1. Petitioner(s) must be residents of the State of Delaware in the county in which the petition is filed. If more than one family member, living in the same household, wishes to change their name, they may do so using one petition. Each petitioner will receive a certified copy of the signed Order.

2. If you are the parents or legal guardian of a minor child and wish to
change the name of this child, please read the special instructions for Name Change of Child before proceeding further. A minor is one who has not reached his/her eighteenth (18th) birthday.

Notice must be given to the general public that you are changing a given
name. This is done by filing the Notice of Name Change with a newspaper of general circulation in the county in which you reside. The notice must be published once a week for three (3) weeks. You are responsible for the cost of the publication. After publication is completed, the newspaper will provide you with an Affidavit of Publication. The Affidavit of Publication must be returned to the Court Clerk’s Office along with other documents in this packet.

Other resources

Delaware law