Edward E. Falces (February 8, 1931–December 16. 2004) was an American surgeon who served our community.
Falces was born in Waipahu, Hawaii. He earned his undergraduate and medical degrees from Northwestern University. Following his surgery residency at St. Luke’s Hospital in San Francisco, he served as a U.S. Army surgeon from 1959 to 1961. He the did his Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency at St. Francis Memorial Hospital in San Francisco, earning Board Certification in 1968.
He was a founding member of Interplast and traveled the world to perform pro bono surgery. He was known for his work with trans and gender diverse patients as well.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (Board Member)
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Burn Association
- American Trauma Society (Founding Member)
- Pan-Pacific Surgical Association
Taylor, Michael (January 2, 2005). Edward Falces — surgeon dedicated to pro bono medicine. San Francisco Chronicle. https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Edward-Falces-surgeon-dedicated-to-pro-bono-2707845.php
Archival contact information:
- Address: Suite 618, 909 Hyde Street, San Francisco CA 94109
- Phone: (415) 885-6673 / 24 hour line: (415) 673-3940
- Fax: (323) 442-5756
- Email: email@example.com
- efalcesmd.com [archive] (2001-2003)